Request for Using Remote Operator Without Administrator Rights

Hello Unitronics Community and Support,

I hope everyone is doing well. I currently need to provide remote control within the new Unitronics V1040 PLC device using the Remote Operator program in the latest version for PC, Windows 10.

Due to big company's strict security policies, regular users cannot run programs with administrative rights after IT administrators install and configure programs (with administrative rights). For daily operation and common user, security measures do not allow us to run the program with full rights and we have to use Remote Operator without these rights, but this is not possible.

How can we resolve this situation please? Is any option to configure RO as admin and use without admin rights?

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? If this topic has already been discussed in another thread, I apologize for missing it and would appreciate a link.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Jiri

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

At this moment I'm busy creating/testing a new version of Remote Operator, which doesn't run with administrator rights and has the possibility to save the password in the PLC settings.
(and a very long list of other improvements)

Within a couple of weeks this version will be ready, and available for anyone who wants it.

Best Regards

George