Access UINT16 data from EIP EDS files

Mike Johnson

Hello,

First time using UniLogic and EIP comms, so bare with me. I am using EIP comms to get information from a Keyence Safety Relay. I have found within the EDS files where the data I want to utilize is at, but cannot figure out how to access it. Data is coming in as UINT16 (word) and I can change the format to Binary to view each bit changing as intended. When I create a UINT16 tag within UniLogic I have the capability to click on the Type and open the array to view each individual tag (.0 .1 .2 .3 .4 etc) I do not have the capability to clicking on the Type (its not blue, its gray) within the EDS file from Keyence. Its almost like its "read only" data and I cannot access it. If this is the case, can someone assist with accessing the data coming from the Safety Relay?

Thanks,

Mike

2 hours ago, Mike Johnson said:

Hello,

First time using UniLogic and EIP comms, so bare with me. I am using EIP comms to get information from a Keyence Safety Relay. I have found within the EDS files where the data I want to utilize is at, but cannot figure out how to access it. Data is coming in as UINT16 (word) and I can change the format to Binary to view each bit changing as intended. When I create a UINT16 tag within UniLogic I have the capability to click on the Type and open the array to view each individual tag (.0 .1 .2 .3 .4 etc) I do not have the capability to clicking on the Type (its not blue, its gray) within the EDS file from Keyence. Its almost like its "read only" data and I cannot access it. If this is the case, can someone assist with accessing the data coming from the Safety Relay?

Thanks,

Mike

The attached images show in the keyence  manual where the data is collected. The second image is where the data is within Unistream. My question is how can I access the data within Unistream?

Key.PNG

uni.PNG