Modbus addressing

I am configuring Unilogic to communicate with a stepper driver via Modbus.  When entering operations to Register read or write table, is there any way to enter the addresses in Hex?  It appears that Unilogic expects all addresses as a UINT16.  Most device manuals will list addresses in hex, so it means you have to convert all those hex addresses to uint16 to enter into Unilogic.  I know this is not a huge deal for a few entries, but it seems very cumbersome - am I missing something here?  Is there a way to change that in Unilogic settings or something?

• MVP 2023
On 4/6/2024 at 2:43 AM, Merle said:

Most device manuals will list addresses in hex

In my use of modbus devices, I've never encountered this.  All of them never mention hex numbers in their manuals for register work.

If you do have a lot to work with for some reason, do an excel sheet that does the conversion for you.  It's not hard.....HEX2DEC etc

cheers, Aus

• Upvote 1

I'll admit I don't have a huge amount of experience with Modbus, but all the different stepper driver controllers I have been looking at use hex for their addressing.  Maybe it just happens to be the manufacturers I am using I guess??

Good tip on the excel sheet - I just might do that.