1 scale reading bleeds over into the next.

All,

I have one multiscale indicator that has 2 scales that i am trying to read through one Modbus connection by switching the command number to witch scale i need. the problem is i  connect, write, and read the command for scale one, then i close the connection to the socket and let it cool for .4 seconds ive even tried up to 1 sec. then i connect and do the same for scale 2. they both are reading and writing to separate vectors and addresses but i get a bleed over reading from scale one onto the  scale two and vice versa. i do not know how to resolve the issue.  ive set is to where the read and write command are disconnected when the opposite scale is writing and reading. I've  put program below, any advice would be appreciated.  

scale switching.vlp

Flex727, 

thank you  that is the obvious solution. for some reason since they share the same IP address i had it in my head that i had to use the same socket, and i would just send 2 different commands. i will write it with 2 sockets.  

Flex, 

I was looking at it as one device. A Multi scale indicator talking through one modbus card  using the the same ip just switching over write commands to choose which scale to talk to,  but im just going to use another Modbus connection which requires purchasing another modbus card. 

• MVP 2023

This looks to me like a single device and you choose which scale reading via MODBUS command. I see no reason to close the connection, once established, nor any reason to use two sockets.

I'm not familiar with these scales so I may be misinterpreting something. You can choose the timing between commands without closing the socket.

Flex, thank you that does clear up a lot. this is a new scale we are using. One Indicator with multiple scales so it had me kind of mixed up. we normally use one scale head per device and everything gets it own set up. thank you for taking the time to work me through that.