Wiring layouts.

• MVP 2023

I thought this might end up being a good reference topic for all things layouts wise.  We can put up links to other worthy topics, so that it all ends up in one place.

The lucky first is an observation in a picture in the Trucco case study that was recently sent out.  One of the pics shows an I/O supply daisy chain, with the "primary line" connected to one end of the chain.  As a matter of course, I always put the feed into the middle of the chain, in the belief that it is a better location for a variety of reasons.  I know this is a bit of overkill, but it's just a general thing I do.  

Many times I've seen busbars on machinery boards where the main feed from the isolator is attached to one end of a commercially made copper bus formed for convenient attaching into CBs, that will struggle to do the amps needed if you work out cross sections.  But putting the feed in the CBs capacity middle  of the same bar makes it much better.  Just one of those myriad little "problems" that aren't really of consequence, will generally work ok but aren't ideal, and perhaps worthy of comments for us to make our world perfect....ha ha....

cheers, Aus