Is there a way to cap the number? Or do you have to make sure that there is enough memory allocated for the maximum number of characters? Do I need to only allocate half (80) MI registers to store the message as a result of a MI holding 2 ASCII characters?

Right now a long message will run over different parameters that the user has set, regardless of whether the number is in the phone book or now. I just want to be sure that when I move the MI registers I allocate the appropriate amount of space.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

You need allocate memory for a maximum characters in string + 1 for <0> (null) terminator.

SMS message will be shortest, but allocated space will warrant that any message will be processed.

If you use your own algorithm to process SMS - I will recommend you to work with Data Table, where you will define fields, one or more if you need.

There is a set of operations with a table rows, which will simplify you task.

Standard SMS functions have 16 strings with a fixed SMS messages structure.

Hi,

Basically if you are using the function which receives SMS to vector then you need to configure in SI199 the Start of Vector address of MI.

Of course it is recommneded to allocate length of 80 MIs in case you will receive a message with 160 characters long.

You can find example in VisiLogic example Project examples\Communications\SMS\V570_Display_any_SMS.vlp