Problem PT1000 temp sensor

Hello! I have a application whit plc vision 350-35-R2 and expansions module PT4X. I have the latest visilogic program (9.3). The problem is that all my four PT1000 sensor give me value 1000. The temp sensor is two wire connection and i have connect them to (+v) and (-V) on the PT4X. I have also connect (+V) whit (+I) and (-V) whit (-I). All four temp sensors have right resistance (1050-1100ohm). In the hardware configuration i have type PT1000 (385), mode C, adress MI2 - MI5. What can the problem be?

Hi Hanna,

There are two I/O Expansion modules,I/O Expansion module IO-PT400 for PT100, and I/O Expansion module IO-PT4K for PT1000.

In VisiLogic Hardware Configuration there is a common I/O Expansion module IO-PT4X.

VisiLogic know to detect which modul is in use.

So when you use PT1000, you should use I/O Expansion module IO-PT4K .

See attached picture, where I measure a temperature of hot water.

post-5711-017368800 1325059568_thumb.jpg

Hi Hanna,

There are two I/O Expansion modules,I/O Expansion module IO-PT400 for PT100, and I/O Expansion module IO-PT4K for PT1000.

In VisiLogic Hardware Configuration there is a common I/O Expansion module IO-PT4X.

Thanks for your answer! I dont understand how to choose PT4K. Here you have may hardware configration. Is then wrong?

Without adding an IO-PT4x to a Hardware Configuration it will not works.

After you selected a snap-in for your V350 - In your case this is a V350-35-R2, you need to click on I/O Expansions, click on IO-PT4x icon, drag and drop it to a rails.

*See attached

Clicking on it opens a configuration window.

Save changes, check connection and test.

post-5711-005931500 1325065669_thumb.jpg

Hi Hanna,

post-6592-015728400 1325073702_thumb.jpg

Hello again! I do not think my file was with at my answer, try again! Think I have the right user configurable. Check my file! Do not understand why it should not work?

Hanna,

It will be better if you describe in more details connection between modules.

When you use IO-PT4K, you should use either EX-A1 or EX-A2X Expansion Adapter with a proper cable between it and OPLC.

Cables are different. Cable for EX-A1 has Gray connectors. Cable for EX-A2X has Yellow connectors. Connector with a Groung wire should be connected to OPLC.

IO-PT4K module should be connected to Expansion Adapter with a cmall flat cable.

EX-A1 or EX-A2X Expansion Adapter should pe powered from Power Suply.

Please tell if everything i wrote is implemented.

Hanna,

It will be better if you describe in more details connection between modules.

When you use IO-PT4K, you should use either EX-A1 or EX-A2X Expansion Adapter with a proper cable between it and OPLC.

Cables are different. Cable for EX-A1 has Gray connectors. Cable for EX-A2X has Yellow connectors. Connector with a Groung wire should be connected to OPLC.

IO-PT4K module should be connected to Expansion Adapter with a cmall flat cable.

EX-A1 or EX-A2X Expansion Adapter should pe powered from Power Suply.

Please tell if everything i wrote is implemented.

Hello! The cables name between oplc and expansions adapter EX-A1 are EX1-CA100 (Gray connectors). The side with ground wire (yellow/gren) is connected to oplc.

The EX-A1 has power suply 24VDC. The run lamp on the EX-A1 indicates green and the four channels lamp indicates red (out of range). what more can I test?

Hi Hanna,

PT-4x module name used in Hardware Configuration. What module do you use? IO-PT400 or IO-PT4K?

PT1000 sensor should be used with IO-PT4K, and PT100 sensor should be used with IO-PT400.

If you use PT1000 sensor with an IO-PT400 - it will be a reason of wrong reading.

Hi! In the module, it is written only IO-PT4. This module, I think we used many years ago with PT1000 sensors? The SN numbers are:91D00535