Logic question - M91

OK, new problem to solve... I am really stumped trying to solve a logic issue with my M91 project. Here's the scenario:

I have an analog transducer that is mechanically tied to a piece of machinery that moves in a linear motion. (Up and down)

The M91 shows the relative distance from the floor, in inches... and I can set a 'new' height value which causes an output to energize that closes a motor contactor to run a motor to move the machine up or down.

That part all works great. :rolleyes:

What I am struggling with is the logic to display a message in the event of a failure to actually move the machine, for a variety of reasons. The hard part is that the machine moves *very* slowly, and can take as much as 10 minutes to move from the lowest point to the highest point.... but, I want the 'failure' message (display) to occur if there is no actual movement within 5-10 seconds.

With the 'math' and 'compare' functions that I have available to me in the M91 ladder, I can't seem to find the "right" methodolgy to make this work! :wacko:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

~Mike