V1210, Visilogic 9.5.0. After a few days my datalogging component working just fine (Creating and appending data without problem, 8 separate files, updating them every 40 seconds and emailing all 8 files attached togheter every 2 hours), EXCEL folder got corrupted. In SD Card Explorer tool, reported file not in 8.3 format and of course, could not log data anymore. Instead of all EXCELn (n=1 to 4) folders inside main EXCEL folder, appeard just one file named 4.1 I had to format my SD card again and everything is back to normal. I only send email if not appending data to files and backwards too. Any ideas or suggestion to avoid this issue in the future?

Hi Gabriel,

You have to review your project to find if you use proper protection normal closed contacts (SBs), and if all SD Card operations are run by -|P|- or -|N|- contacts, and use one-shot conditions. Unproper protection, or not use it at all, will lead to such corruption.

Other thing is 3rd party programs at PC/Laptop, that used for defragmentation etc. These programs left at any connected media hidden files and directories with long names, and these files/directories are not compatible with OPLC SD Card file system.

If you are in doubt about these things - send you project to support@unitronics.com for review, and we will help you to improve your project.

If you have corrupted file system at SD Card, you should make full format twice - with checked and unchecked Windows Format option in SD tools, before you use it again.

B.R.

Hi Gabriel,

I save csv file each 0.1 sec and at the same time transferred to web folder large file during 25 minutes. No errors happens.

If you wish our help - send your project to support@unitronics.com and we will do our best to simulate and correct problem.

It will be useful to know content of SD card web folder and list of updated files.

Ideal will be to have your project, SD card image and zipped files you used for update. This will allow to simulate wery similar to you configuration.

B.R.