Initialize Modem on PLC using AT command

Hi,

Please, I need help. I have a problem initializing modem using visilogic modem service. This is the first time I will be using modem that is not on the list of choices in preparing the modem for PLC side (I usually use enfora and siemens modem).

My boss want me to use F1103 GPRS modem on our next project which is scheduled this month. I have to connect the modem to V350 but I keep on having modem initialization error when preparing the modem using the modem services of visilogic.

I study a bit of AT commands and I did successfully initialized the modem on hyperterminal. Below are the instruction command I used for initialization:

AT
AT+CSMP=17,167,0,0
AT+CSCA?
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=1,1,0,0,0
AT+CSAS

I test all the settings (even "other modem") already available in the software, but as I said, none work without an error. Below is one of the code where the modem keeps on having an error:

ATE0&C1&D0&S0X4Q0S0=0V1 (just one of the sample)

I don't fully understand what the command does but I hope someone could help me understand what are the parameters that I should consider to successfully initialize the modem so I can use it in the PLC perfecly without having any issues or problem. 

Thanks in advance and hope for your response. Any idea is gladly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Raymond

HI,

I finally managed to communicate the modem to V350, the modem can now send and receive text message using the command below:

AT&F
WAIT 5
AT+CSMP=17,167,0,0
AT+CSCA?
AT+CPIN?
AT
AT&C1&D0X4Q0S0=1v1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=1,0,0,0,0
AT&W

it seems that  the cause of the error was the "&S0". Although it is now connected, there is still a problem with receiving... The OPLC could not decode the message. I tried to connect the full receive text on a string variable and output the data on the string.

For example, I sent a message "Hi" on the OPLC number, and the OPLC displayed a message same as below:

AT+CNMI=1
rwty@@@@@@ss+sf@@@@@@@dgdf=dsfj

Above is not the actual received message but somehow the pattern displayed in the OPLC.

I hope somebody could help me resolve the problem or just to give any idea where should I look at.

Regards,
Raymond

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem I am unable to reset my modem Cinterion TC65 GSM-14J with my pc I use visiologic OPLC IDE Version 9.4.0 Build 0.
is that you can help me please. it still gives me the same error code 284 (modem operation failed modem not connected).
thank you.

Best Regards,

ADIL

Hi,

Raymond:

Each supported modem have different set of AT commands, especially extended commands.

If your modem is not in supported modems list - you can realize everything by use of FB Protocol.

Unitronics sale 2 Modem Kits. These kits are widely used and supports SMS and GPRS. See Accessories section:

http://www.unitronics.com/plc-hmi/accessories

adil:

You have to run 'Prepare PLC side modem" firs. Use 9 pin serial cable from modem kit.

Hi

yes you can use the TC65 in Canada.

Rogers and Bell  in Ontario and Quebec and BC will supply SIM cards.

Telus may also in other provinces.  they all have cross Canada networks

Check with your provincial provider also  --

Dan Thoma s,Sandtron , Burlington Ontario