Win7 Professional 64bit VisiLogic OS update

Hi

I have new Dell Desktop PC with windows 7 professional 64bit and visiLogic 8.6.3.

I am able to use the onboard serial port to download my programs to the Vision280 BUT when i try to update the OS of the Vision280 the communication fails.

I try the same think on my laptop with usb to serial adaptor that i recently installed windows 7 professional with visiLogic 8.6.1 and i have the same problem.

Please advise

I hope I can get an answer as soon as possible

I ve been using VisiLogic since 2006 with Windows XP. I was able to update the OS firmware of all of my Vision280 PLCs without any problems.

I was using either the onboard serial com of my desktop PC or the usb to serial adaptor of my laptop.

Since my upgrade to windows 7 I am not able to perform an update of the OS firmware. I can only download the source code on the Vision280 PLC.

I was wondering if it has something to do with the default com port settings of Windows 7.

I hope I can get an answer as soon as possible

I ve been using VisiLogic since 2006 with Windows XP. I was able to update the OS firmware of all of my Vision280 PLCs without any problems.

I was using either the onboard serial com of my desktop PC or the usb to serial adaptor of my laptop.

Since my upgrade to windows 7 I am not able to perform an update of the OS firmware. I can only download the source code on the Vision280 PLC.

I was wondering if it has something to do with the default com port settings of Windows 7.

Try running in XP Mode.