UDFB input parameter type

Exouxas

Hello,

I've noticed that when I create a UDFB it feels like I'm not getting enough control of it. For example in one of my UDFB's I'd like to be able to enter eighter string or an int value in one input, but you can only have one type. If I make two inputs with different types, I have to put something on both or it won't work (compilation error)

Is there a way to fix this? Or is this some feature that is going to be added in the future?

Thanks,

Exouxas

Hello Exouxas,

You UDFB input parameter can only be of one type.  That is because the scope, "Function In", is tied to a variable (in your case, either a string or an integer).  If you tie another variable to be a function in, i.e. an integer as a function in, and a string as a function in, in your UDFB, then you could input both.  However, in the ladder, you are either linking the function in to an integer parameter, or a function in to a string parameter.  This is why you cannot link both a string and an integer to an input of a UDFB.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1