Write indirectly modbus register

ORSO2001

Dear All,

I am approching at PLC world then excuse me if the following question will be "stupid":

I create a screen with two numeric boxes (dec); one is for the value one is for the "item" (called 1 and 2) that will have the value; each item has a differente modbus register. I thought that if I use an "equal" function to compare the number of the item and enable an "store" fuction to write the register but it doesn't work...if I simulated it the red line stop in the middle of the two fuctions (equal and store)...what I have wrong or I forgot?...attached some pics about what I have.

Thankspost-44859-0-90846500-1448223718_thumb.jpgpost-44859-0-75752000-1448223724_thumb.jpgpost-44859-0-72443500-1448223729_thumb.jpg

Dear Sarangani thanks for your quick answer.

For sure I misunderstand the meaning of "ladder function n°"...after reading your message I checked in the "help" of Unilogic about "ladder function"...If I understand each ladder function can has many regions and each region can has many row...it is correct? In the help I found that exist a instruction called "jump to region"...maybe I have to create a new region instead of a new "ladder function" and, at the end of the first region, insert the jump to region instruction...it is correct? however I don't found or better I don't understand how I have to do for enable or jump from a "ladder function" to others...can you help me in this way?

Thank in advance

Hi, I'll try writing the ladder as pseudo code:

private function ladder()
{
  while(true)
  {
    function1() // main
  }
}

private function1()
{
region1:
  // some code here

region2:
// more code here

region3:
  if (someBit == 1)
  {
    Goto region2
  }

}

function2()
{
region1:
// your modbus code
}

Region1, region2 and region3 codes are being called, but a region is like a block of code, the the region is like a label you can jump to using GOTO.

With my example. you see that function2 is being declared, but never called (which I believe is the situation in your code).

You have to call it using the Call element