Float to Scientific Notation on Display

I'm searching for a way to easily display a "float" in a scientific way on my V1210.  For example, I'm measuring pressures in the ranges of 1E-07 mbar and my pressure gauge gives me a 0-10 volt signal and the formula to find the pressure = 10^(1.667xU-11.33).

The way I do it now is with finding the "exponant" range first by looking directly at my analog input and to tell the system that between certain values there's a certain exponant. 

For finding the mantissa I use a workaround which is - to my opinion - way to complicated.

So on my display is written  "A x E $$ mbar"   in which "A" is my mantissa, "x E" is just text and "$$" is my exponant. 

I'm sure there must be a better, faster, easier way, but I have no idea how to solve this problem.  

Any help would be great.

Johnny

• MVP 2023

...I'm measuring pressures in the ranges of 1E-07 mbar and my pressure gauge gives me a 0-10 volt signal and the formula to find the pressure = 10^(1.667xU-11.33).

Two questions:

1) What is the actual pressure range that is being measured from 0-10 volts? (You say 1E-07 mbar, but that it a number, not a range).

2) 10^(1.667xU-11.33) What is "U"?

I ask because there may be a slightly easier way, but the most straightforward way is to break up the two parts of the exponential notation into two integers and display them as you would any integer, using implied decimal and a post number string that is built in to the HMI integer display.