Hola buen dia

tengo un problema con un PLC V280 con módulo de ajuste V200-18-E3XB. este es el caso:

-tengo configurado las entradas análogas del modulo para TC,  con los puentes 3-4-5 para AN0 en B.

-la configuración de HW esta para TC J, no filter, °F, MI 103

-tengo conectada una TC tipo J en la entrada análoga AN0 , que  ensaye en otro PLC ABB 

-programe una pantalla con un shape Variable: numeric, para visualizar la Variable MI 103

El problema es que me sale en la pantalla el valor 32767 y no me sale el valor real de la temperatura.

image.png.3db3d8c6100684d1028f394f9e7a7daa.png

image.png.8e16eee320204fff7ca737849e53fcb6.pngimage.png.07fb5756dbafcf9ae07ee7ea10b53302.png

image.png

• MVP 2023
13 hours ago, boris david diaz guerra said:

Hola buen dia

tengo un problema con un PLC V280 con módulo de ajuste V200-18-E3XB. este es el caso:

-tengo configurado las entradas análogas del modulo para TC,  con los puentes 3-4-5 para AN0 en B.

-la configuración de HW esta para TC J, no filter, °F, MI 103

-tengo conectada una TC tipo J en la entrada análoga AN0 , que  ensaye en otro PLC ABB 

-programe una pantalla con un shape Variable: numeric, para visualizar la Variable MI 103

El problema es que me sale en la pantalla el valor 32767 y no me sale el valor real de la temperatura.

Translated-

Hi good day I have a problem with a PLC V280 with adjustment module V200-18-E3XB. this is the case: -I have configured the analog inputs of the TC module, with the bridges 3-4-5 for AN0 in B. -HW configuration is for TC J, no filter, ° F, MI 103 -I have a type J TC connected to the analogue input AN0, which is tested on another ABB PLC -program a screen with a shape Variable: numeric, to display the Variable MI 103   The problem is that I get on the screen the value 32767 and I do not get the real value of the temperature.

Your jumpers are correct.  If you're getting 32767 you don't have it wired right.  Did you run 24V power up to the module?  A common mistake is to not to run power to V2 and 0V.  It's not real obvious in the instruction sheet that you have to do this.

Post your code so we can check the configuration.

Joe T.

P.S. - looks like Aus already answered this.  One post per customer!

Hello again
I worked perfectly when I put the power to the module by V2-V0, now if it shows the value corresponding to the ambient temperature, but I have a doubt about the mV, when checking the thermocouple with the multimeter I give -0.4 to -0.1 mV and the device shows me more or less 75 ° - 80 ° F and when checking the mV table of the thermocouple this value does not correspond, although the PLC shows me correctly the temperature ¿what happens?

image.png.d88c150e3e355a3400604dcdc50d96b2.png

Edited by boris david diaz guerra
no cargue imagen

• MVP 2023

Now you're getting into the electrical properties of thermocouple metals and thermocouple extension wire.

I am happy you are curious, but I think you may be missing some things. 

You didn't describe the exact details of your electrical connection.  Was the thermocouple connected to the PLC when you measured it or did you measure flying leads?   Your multimeter may or may not be accurate at that low of a voltage and it most certainly doesn't have cold junction compensation, so you will be getting a reading error from the mV offest value created by the difference in alloys between the probe tips and the thermocouple wire.  Unfortunately, it has you questioning the PLC module.  This is what thermocouple calibrators are for.

If you want a real sanity check, fill a cup completely with ice (crushed is best) and then put water in with the ice.  Then stick your thermocouple in it.  The PLC should read somewhere close to 320.    Or you can hit the tip with a lighter and see if it goes up.  A lot.

Let us know what you find.

Joe T.