VP

Guest KenW

Looking for someone to program my Samba HMI/PLC (SM70-J-R20 UNITRONICS 7.0" Colortouch Screen 483.00 EA 10 digital inputs, 2 analog/digital inputs, 8 relay outputs, 24VDC)

I need to control channels that will turn pneumatic solenoids off and on in various sequences. We set up custom machines every day to test durability of products utilizing pneumatic cylinders.

We may need to activate Cylinder 1 (C1) for 2 seconds and then Activate C2 for 5 seconds and then deactivate C1 for 10 seconds and then deactivate C2 for 5 seconds and repeat this 100,000 times. sometime we need a nested loop and we may need a timer before starting the loop. Either way we need to flexibility to turn on/off up to 4 channels at various times and profiles.

• MVP 2023

Where are you located?

Have you done the electrical design yet?

8 hours ago, Guest KenW said:

I need to control channels that will turn pneumatic solenoids off and on in various sequences.

A bit vague.  Have you put together a more detailed test description with examples?  A test flowchart would be good.

You may want to trade your SM70-J-R20 for a -T20 and use small external 24V relays.  I've written this kind of program, and a couple of tests at 100,000 cycles each on an inductive load like a solenoid will destroy the teeny internal relays fairly quickly.

Let us know.

Joe T.