How to set PID without auto-tune?

• MVP 2023

Assuming you are using a Vision PLC (you also posted this question in the UniStream forum), then you can always determine and set P, I, & D, with or without Auto-tune. When you set up the PID Configuration, you assign operands to the P, I, & D. Just manually place values in those operands, either through HMI entry or Power-Up and you are good to go.

1 minute ago, Flex727 said:

Oh, I see I may have misinterpreted your question. You would still use the PID Auto-tune even if you don't plan to use the Auto-tune functionality.

I forgot to mention that I use v570. 
And that was my concern. As there seems to be a FB just for PID configuration and then also the auto-tune one. So I should use the auto-tune one and just insert the PID values myself?

• MVP 2023
35 minutes ago, Mia said:

So I should use the auto-tune one and just insert the PID values myself?

Yes. The PID Config without Auto-tune is an older version that remains there for non-Enhanced Vision products. Your V570 is an Enhanced Vision product and should use the PID Auto-tune FBs. Besides the P, I, & D, be sure you enter values for:

Sample Time

Process Value Low & High

Control Value Low & High

and of course, target value.

45 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

Yes. The PID Config without Auto-tune is an older version that remains there for non-Enhanced Vision products. Your V570 is an Enhanced Vision product and should use the PID Auto-tune FBs. Besides the P, I, & D, be sure you enter values for:

Sample Time

Process Value Low & High

Control Value Low & High

and of course, target value.

Thank you!