Hi,

I am currently working on a project in which I need to write to the Sting Library from the application.

I have found the function "Library String to ASCII" (STR TO VEC) to be useful for reading values OUT of the library, however, after the ASCII has been edited I need to write it back to the String Library.

Anyone with some good ideas!? New feature suggestion?

What I would be looking for is a "VEC TO STR" function.

I will use the function to (occasionally) mirror text contents in Data Tables with String Libraries.

BR Northbound

Somewhat hidden in the String Editor dialog is the "Insert Indirect String" button. This will allow you to map MIs to the string library. You can use a string object on a screen to write a string to these MIs and it will appear in the String Library.

Joe T.

Hi!

Really appreciate the fast reply! B)

Not exactly what I was looking for though... Basically I want my alarm texts and item descriptions to be possible to edit from the HMI (1040). I do not have enough MI or XI registers to map all texts indirectly using the string library function. (I have around 100 entries, each max 40chars).

I am using the Data Tables copy vector to row in order to update texts in my Data Tables after the user has chenged something, however I would also like to do something similar with data stored in the String Library.

Any ways to modify strings in library using vector/pointers to strings from ladder (vs. pointing strings to MI/XI/DW)?

Any more ideas?

BR Northbound

100 entries x 40 characters at two characters/MI = 2000 MIs needed. The V1040 has 4096 MIs, which leaves you 2096 MIs for your logic. Are you using this many?

Joe T.

Hi Joe,

Thanks again for reply.

Yes, I am afraid MI's are not available. I also use quite a lot of the XI's.

In order to make my app work I would need the ability to indirectly address strings. In extent a reverse function of said "library string to ascii" function. In this way I could use a vector of Mi's containing ASCII characters and write these into a position in the String Library as needed.

I could perhaps free up MI's by creating termporary Data Tables to store my working values (each scan), but I am uncertain if this is a good solution. It will create a lot of DataTable writes pr. second!

BR Northbound