Hello,

I have a V290 that runs an automatic pallet wrapping machine. The issue I'm having is that when I uploaded the program, then dowloaded it to a spare V290, it had corruped data tables, such as timer values and corruped text characters. The software is version 4.06, and hardware rev is 4.00. I tried going up to software version 8.6.3, and hardware rev 5.04, but had issues with the on-screen keyboard not working properly (Example, press a 1 and get a 6, press a 2 and get a 7) so I went back to the older software version and hardware rev. For some reason, I also have a couple of timers that will not time up in run mode either. They are just free running timers that reset themselves with their done bits. I'd like to attach the file, but it is 563KB, and won't compress enough to get under the 500KB limit.

Possibly I'm doing the upload or download incorrectly. What I did was to Connection then Upload on the original V290, and uploaded the program. The verify showed a red X next to the timers. Then I downloaded to the spare, and also wrote all data tables (not sure if this was necessary).

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

• MVP 2014

Hi, it looks like you have a few issues tied up together.

Firstly on the issue of Data Tables, the content of the table is not automatically uploaded/downloaded with the project. You can do this manually by:

* connecting to the original PLC and open the Data Tables inteface in Visilogic.

* do a Read Tables, check all tables have been read into the PC

* Save the tables (select File -> save in the data tables window)

* close the data tables window.

* connect to the new PLC

* open data tables interface

* write all tables.

Regarding timers, the presets should follow with the program, but not necessarily the current values. However I would not expect the timers in the new PLC to take on random values.

Can you try downloading a blank project to the new PLC then re-load your target project? I have occasionally seen timers do weird things after dowlnoading a new project and this step of downloading a blank project seems to fix it.

As for the touch screen, if you see that problem again try performing a touch screen calibration (via Info mode).

Hi, it looks like you have a few issues tied up together.

Firstly on the issue of Data Tables, the content of the table is not automatically uploaded/downloaded with the project. You can do this manually by:

* connecting to the original PLC and open the Data Tables inteface in Visilogic.

* do a Read Tables, check all tables have been read into the PC

* Save the tables (select File -> save in the data tables window)

* close the data tables window.

* connect to the new PLC

* open data tables interface

* write all tables.

Regarding timers, the presets should follow with the program, but not necessarily the current values. However I would not expect the timers in the new PLC to take on random values.

Can you try downloading a blank project to the new PLC then re-load your target project? I have occasionally seen timers do weird things after dowlnoading a new project and this step of downloading a blank project seems to fix it.

As for the touch screen, if you see that problem again try performing a touch screen calibration (via Info mode).

Simon,

Thanks for the reply. For some reason, I can't seem to find the touch screen calibration. I have the older Visologic version 4.06, maybe that's the problem. I'll see if an update will help.

Steve

Just in case you still can;t find it after the update, the touch cal is found as follows:

Enter the info screen,

go to "System"

Scroll to item 9 "Touchscreen"

This is in V2XX OS5.04(B23) running on a V530 (same OS that runs on V290)

Simon,

After updating the software and OS, and following your sound advice, my spare V290 is working fine now.

Thank you,

Steve