can't find UniLogic.msi file

I did some basic PC updates and now I can't open up  UniLogic program files, and get messages (see images below) that Windows is looking for the Unitronics UniLogic.msi installation package.

I downloaded Unilogic again, and it seems like Windows doesn't want to open the .exe file to start, but it does if I go to downloads and double click on it. 

I cannot find the UniLogic.msi folder that Windows is looking for.

Any ideas?

image.png.f3fd0fe442b3dc499a5cbc7f2794d360.pngimage.png.73abaecb7431694fa2845a34b883775a.pngimage.png.4a52fe99e7621cfad131c2c8f62b2166.png

• MVP 2023

Dave, this might be be windows permissions thing.  Try saving the downloaded installer to a location other than Temp, something like another partition etc.  Then run it from the saved location.

If this works, once the installation has finished I'd then run an indepth uninstall, using the likes of Revo Uninstaller.  This will get rid of any further incorrect references to the install which might be hanging around from your previous efforts.  Reboot once done and reinstall from your saved location.

cheers, Aus