Data lost but still in graph history

erwinnd

Hello,

We've done an experiment using our Unitronics automated system. We sample some data and at the end of the experiment we log it as a .csv and .usmp file onto an SD card and than onto a usb stick. Because one of the operators put a ':' in the file name, the data didn't save. When I look in the history of the graph on the HMI screen, I can find and select the data from that experiment. Thus, it is saved as a .usmp file somewhere. When I take out the SD card, I can't select the data anymore which indicates that the data would be saved on the SD card. However, when I insert the SD card into my laptop, I can't find the data anywhere.

Does anyone know where the data is saved and how I could possibly extract the data from that place?

Thanks in regards!

1).  Save your data table more frequently.  Hint: you can’t save data in a time frame that exceeds the update rate.   The file saving process takes a few seconds at minimum.  In our case we were saving 1-minute data and it was taking 61-seconds to save it.   That’s not good.  

2).  Watch your file status bits and address errors asap.  

3). If this data is critical, then you should at a minimum take screen shots or a cell video to capture the data and manually process later.  

4). Without adding new logic I don’t believe you can save this dataset.  As soon as you add logic that DT is probably gone, but then again I don’t know that I’ve looked up if DT’s are retentive.