PID on enhanced vision PLC

So, I need to implement a PID control Loop for temperature control, and I was reading the documentation, but this part is not clear to me:

image.thumb.png.e21ffb3289d90bd47d016735db05a19a.png

Does this mean that I can only use PID AUTO -TUNE, and I cannot use the regular PID functions on V700 and V570?
I mean that's what it says but maybe is a translation issue or I am understanding it wrong.
I mean the function blocks and the documentation of  PID AUTO-TUNE seem straightforward, but that means that I will not be able to enter the parameters manually.
for example, I don't have everything ready to test the loop, but I at least would like to run the PID functions, just to test the logic part of the program (Enabling the Temperature Controller, making sure that the values have the correct linearization, test that the stop/pause/reset functions, prompts and all other features I already had to interact correctly between each other)
For this I don't need to have the PID properly tuned, it will be useful just to see that there Is an Output being sent by the PLC.

Thanks in advance

• MVP 2023

Yes, you do need to use the PID AUTO-TUNE block for PID control.  Do not ask why - it is a Uni-Mystery.  

But you don't have to run the PID A. TUNE AUTO-TUNE function.  It will work fine if you just call the configuration block on the first scan, set your own PID parameters, and then just call the RUN block. 

Joe T.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Yes, you do need to use the PID AUTO-TUNE block for PID control.  Do not ask why - it is a Uni-Mystery.  

But you don't have to run the PID A. TUNE AUTO-TUNE function.  It will work fine if you just call the configuration block on the first scan, set your own PID parameters, and then just call the RUN block. 

Joe T.

🤣, Uni-Mistery.

Thanks Joe, just wanted to be sure that I understood correctly, before diving in to the PID implementation.