Wanting to Save a trend to an SD card for a burn process so we can monitor what temperature various cambers are at if something doesn't work correctly.  The process is about 5hrs long.

I having made my changes to the program yes but figure just following the examples would be a good start.

Just wanting to know if anyone knows what will happen if there is a power failure during the process?

Will the data for that burn be lost? or will it be saved up until the power goes out? or could it depend if there is new data being written at the time?

• MVP 2023

You might want to consider what is in the topic linked below.  It's not exactly what you need, but might point you in a better direction.   For your purposes a .udt log might be better.  From your process description I feel sure that your temp logging could be done on a 60 second basis, but if needed to be shorter, a data table would still likely handle it.  It would be easy to check if the previous (few) .udts have been written ok to the sd, and then a FIFO "restart" of the data table(s) logging could proceed.

cheers, Aus

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/3460-write-table-to-sd-with-date-stamp/?do=findComment&comment=12633

• MVP 2023

And just to clarify, my logging writes to the data table an entire 24 hours worth, and then writes as the udt to the SD.  So the data table holds the data until it is reset by the system finishing the udt write.  But, in my case it doesn't check for a successful write by checking the SD itself, for me it's not that important.  But such a check would not be that hard to do.

cheers, Aus