Unitronics 570. Lost access to equipment application due to application's passwords erased/changed

Hello everyone!

I have a filling machine with Unitronics 570 and an application. To operate the filling station a username with a password must be entered. When the filling machine was installed the manufacturer provided me with the username and password, and everything was working fine.  During the next two years the machine was never powered up. After that period I turned the machine on and tried to login. The username and password combination provided by the manufacturer stopped working. I have contacted the manufacturer about the problem and he send me an .vlp file. 

I have downloaded the file to an SD card, but I can't move it from SD to PLC (I get the message "missing password").

The .vlp file contains Data table "Users" with usernames and passwords combinations.

What could be a possible solution here?

I'm completely new to this subject, any help is appreciated.

• MVP 2023

You cannot download a .vlp file to the PLC from an SD card. You must install VisiLogic (available free from Unitronics) on your PC or laptop, connect to the PLC using a programming cable or mini-USB (if available on the PLC), then download the program.

It is preferable to use the same version of VisiLogic as used to create the .vlp file. There are also a lot of ins & outs to this process and you should probably seek some guidance from an experienced programmer.

My recommendation is to send the PLC back to the manufacturer and have them perform the install. Seems pretty lazy to just drop a .vlp file on you and expect this to turn out well.

You're welcome to PM me if you decide you would prefer to engage paid professional help.

If you have a good relationship with the manufacturer (which seems to be the case) you can set up a laptop with a remote access software so the manufacturer could connect to it and make sure that everything is done properly.

4 hours ago, ArtemU said:

I'm completely new to this subject, any help is appreciated.

I believe is the best way to do it if you don't have previous experience. 

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023
3 hours ago, ArtemU said:

First I will try to connect to the PLC with a cable, hope I won't brick the controller. 

Worry not. It's almost impossible to brick these PLCs. Software can be irretrievably lost, but the controller will still be serviceable.