CANopen NMT NodeGuard not working, yet NMT Control is working fine ?

Hi all,

I have been investigating on NMT commands and how to deal with them in my CANopen project.

I have created a project in which i bootup my PLC, then I send NMT Reset and Preoperationnal commands to my VFD drive (node 1). Once i am in Preoperational state, i can use my SDO commands.

SDO commands are working fine. I can even ask for a NMT Stop command to disable them, then switch back to NMT Start.

Problem is : i don't follow what's going on with the NMT commands. I would like to retrieve the NMT current status, but nothing is refreshed in my MI 2004 variable as shown below...

image.png.9584046f319662d96747fa257c36e64a.png

image.thumb.png.a3f87c771e10611ea07ece2d00a4a4b7.png

Here is my function NMT Nodeguard, activating every second :

image.png.1543d3ac7f495b67620b2016a39cdc2d.png

May you help me solving this problem ?

Sincerely yours,

Sideway.

Hi kratmel,

Thank you for your fast response ! Having a look at the example, i have been able to confirm that i configured it right on the PLC side. However i realized my slave device was not configured to handle NMT node guard (100Ch and 100Dh objects). By modifying them, i have been able to retrieve NMT Status on the PLC and the NMT toggle bit is working just fine.

One last question about the Visilogic software in itself :

How come the communication trial is RED with the CANbus test tool, yet i can communicate with my slave device correctly ?

image.png.ce6504a3bf8bd9a74e91de901c999cea.png

Have a nice evening,

Cheers,

Sideway.

• MVP 2023
27 minutes ago, Sideway said:

How come the communication trial is RED with the CANbus test tool, yet i can communicate with my slave device correctly ?

I think it is not CANopen tool.

It may be usable on the Unitronics Unican network.

You can use one of the PLC as CAN Gateway  and connect Visilogic to any PLC in CAN network. 

Maybe this window can be used for find ID of all PLC present in Unican nenwork.