V130 Need PLC Name

beaudettejl

I'm trying to get the PLC Name,  so I can connect.  This name is unique to the unit so when the other forums posting are saying places to go are they referring to locally on-site at the panel?  I'm helping map out everything at a tower site that was taken over.  We don't have original documentation.  The html page we have does not seem to display anything that would give menus or etc. That I can look in to find PLC name.

• MVP 2023

Assuming that Info mode is not password protected, the default is 1111.

Once Info is opened, go to 2 System, and then 3 SW Ver, and the name will be at the bottom.  But if the name is longer than can be displayed, you'll have to ponder...!  At least you'll have a start.

cheers, Aus

7 hours ago, Ausman said:

Assuming that Info mode is not password protected, the default is 1111.

Once Info is opened, go to 2 System, and then 3 SW Ver, and the name will be at the bottom.  But if the name is longer than can be displayed, you'll have to ponder...!  At least you'll have a start.

cheers, Aus

Is that on the panel itself?

We have a custom built software but it is only a webpage and there is no info like this.  My main question was if there was a remote way to get the name?

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, beaudettejl said:

if there was a remote way to get the name?

No, not without the name.  Without the name you can't get in....to get the name.  If you could  get in...you've got the name!

22 hours ago, beaudettejl said:

I'm helping map out everything at a tower site that was taken over.

From this I assumed that you were working at that site.  Physical access to the 130 is needed.  But even with the PLC name and subsequent access,  you may find that you can't get the project code out of the unit anyway...it depends on how the it was loaded into the plc.