How to save IP configuration entered from Information Mode?

Hi,

I have a V560-T25B with V200-19-ET2 Ethernet port. I am initializing the TCP/IP card with default Ethernet configuration information that is stored in Memory Integers. If the ethernet configuration is changed through the Information Mode interface, I would like to be able to grab the new IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway and save them to an SD card so that the new values can be used on subsequent power-ups.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way to access the new configuration information from ladder logic. I assume there would be some System Integers that would be storing the current IP configuration information, but I cannot find them. Once the Ethernet configuration is changed via Information Mode, the only way I can find to get the new parameters is to go back into Information Mode and look at the values displayed on the screen.

Is there a way to programmatically access the current IP configuration once it is changed via Information mode? Or do I need to create my own interface for entering and storing new network configurations?

Thanks,
Will

• MVP 2023

Information Mode over-rides your program, as you've seen.  I generally keep Information Mode a secret from end users.

Making your own interface to edit the values in the Ethernet address Memory integers is relatively simple.  I usually put that screen behind a password.  After editing you either cycle power to for the new Ethernet information to take or put a negative transition on the Display Active it tied to your editing screen.  Use that to re-trigger the Card Init block to make the settings take effect immediately.

Joe T.