NEW PLC AT DAIRY FARM

• MVP 2023

A V570 is a good choice for a system this size, as it offers a local 5.7" color touchscreen and has a built-in CANbus port which you will probably need for the number of I/O you have. You can also look at the V1040 or the V1210 if you want a larger screen. You can use the second COM port to set it up as a Modbus slave for an external HMI.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

Oh.. Cara... be careful what you post about your past on the forum. This just screams for one of my photo-shopping projects :lol: .

AZ - the front of the V570 will be fine in a corrosive environment as long as you use the gasket. I'd be more worried about getting cow poop all over the touchscreen. If this may be a problem, then you want to look at the V560 which has both a touchscreen and a full keypad with function keys. You build your screens so that the most of the common operations such as screen changing and data entry are tied to the function buttons.

Joe T.