2015 was a great year for Unitronics.
We introduced products to round out our existing lines: UniStream, Vision, and Samba. We also leveraged the UniStream platform with powerful new features such as EtherNet/IP communications and a full Alarms system.
This was also a great year for the Unitronics community. Check out some cool statistics for 2015:
- We welcomed over 9,000 new members to our user forum…
- …who made 2,300 posts in 571 467 new topics…
…that were viewed 163,419 times!
In addition to our Unitronics support team gurus, there are some fine forum members who devote a great deal of time to helping others, writing detailed answers to questions and helping people trouble-shoot their applications.
This year, two of our top posters from 2014, Joe Tauser and Flex727, were again top contributors to the Unitronics community.
The list of top UniGuru MVPs for 2015 are:
- Joe Tauser
- Barry Lanier (forum name: Flex727)
- Chris Antcliff (CantCliff)
- Keith Walker (Walkerok)
To show our appreciation, the profiles of our MVPs will be marked with a new icon:
Time is precious—to volunteer that time to help other people using your expertise is truly worthy of respect--thanks to you all!
Now, </drum roll/> please join me—for the Unitronics’ 2015 Roundup!
Our Industry Awards
For the fourth year in a row, Unitronics’ products have been honored by Control Engineering Engineers’ Choice awards.
This year, in the category of Hardware - Integrated HMI controllers, the winner was our UniStream 15.6" HMI panel – big and handsome, with an elegant LED touch-panel offering 1366 x 768 resolution and a 16M (24-bit) color range.
Unitronics Product Launches
These were released in 2015:
- UniStream: our award-winning 15.6" HMI panel –snap on up to 5 Uni-I/O modules, expand up to 2,048 I/Os, and employ the advanced feature profile to execute highly complex control.
- We also released 3 Uni-I/O™ modules offering new thermocouple and analog I/O options.
- Samba 7": with its on-board I/Os and a larger, 7” color touch screen, Samba 7” is proving to be a popular choice for those small machine projects with a critical profit margin.
- Vision700: this new member of our award-winning Vision “workhorse” series offers a 7” HMI color touch screen. Supports all Vision Snap-in and expansion I/O modules, and all advanced power features.
- A gateway for MBUS
GSM-KIT-17J-3G (Cinterion EHS6T GSM modem)
UniLogic for UniStream: New Development
The feedback from our users tells us that UniLogic is a hit. This year, R&D added a number of strong features. Here’s a sample:
- C Editor, enabling you to write C functions directly in UniLogic
- Alarms system, designed in accordance with ISA ANSI/ISA-18.2-2009 guidelines
- EtherNet/IP, scanner and adapter, supporting both implicit/explicit messaging
- Video Streaming via RTSP
- WebServer Gauges
Password protection for Ladder Functions, HMI screens, Data Tables and Recipes
Media Highlights for 2015
Nataly Turgeman, Unitronics’ Global Sales and Marketing manager, was interviewed by PCN (Processing & Control News Europe) regarding the company, our products, and customer care philosophy.
Read the two-page spread here: http://digital.pcne.eu/digitalMagazine?issue_id=635
UniLogic was reviewed twice in IEN Europe.
I particularly recommend you check out PLC+HMI Programming Software to Hit Application Requirements
This article reviews some features added in 2015: HMI + PLC Software Streams Videos
We are proud to continue to bring you Unitronics true All-in-One value: our complete range of automation products and software from the pioneers of the PLC + HMI controller, backed by Unitronics unparalleled sales and tech support.
Enjoy them in the coming year!