List of structs into ForEach loop

Is it possible to execute ForEach loop on a list of structs?

What I'm looking to do:

• For every motor element I have a "run" struct (run, feedback, hours counter, wye-delta soft timers...) and a "settings" struct (power-up time, setting bits, preset times, etc).
  • This way I have a neat "motor object" for every motor, without having to take care of 100s of individual bits and integers everywhere.
  • Instead of manually calling a function for each motor, I'd like to have it somehow automated.

I made a list of "run" structs and "setting" structs for each motor. Number of list elements of run and setting structs is the same.

But when I create a ForEach loop, I can't choose any of the lists I made. Only way I can feed a list into a ForEach loop is if that list consists of primitive data types, that is: bits, integers, reals, etc. Not structs!

Is this possible in any way?

Ah yes, that's it. Thank you @Saragani! ❤️

Why I couldn't do it, is that I forgot the "Properties Window" on the right, I have to select proper data type in there. Otherwise it won't work!

Now I have additional question: can I have multiple struct types as inputs to a for-each loop? Because I've defined one struct for "current" data which isn't retained, and other one with different settings data which *is* retained. For example: Run, Feedback, RPM, CurrentLoad... are stored in a non-retained struct, and data like WorkingHours, OnDelayTime, IsMonitored, ... are stored in retained struct. I've done this to save memory space, because max space for retained vars is less than non-retained.

If this isn't possible then,... I might have to merge these two structs into one which is wholly retained. Or are there any other workarounds? Can I have structs within structs? Or an array of structs?

10 hours ago, kvlada said:

Ah yes, that's it. Thank you @Saragani! ❤️

Why I couldn't do it, is that I forgot the "Properties Window" on the right, I have to select proper data type in there. Otherwise it won't work!

Now I have additional question: can I have multiple struct types as inputs to a for-each loop? Because I've defined one struct for "current" data which isn't retained, and other one with different settings data which *is* retained. For example: Run, Feedback, RPM, CurrentLoad... are stored in a non-retained struct, and data like WorkingHours, OnDelayTime, IsMonitored, ... are stored in retained struct. I've done this to save memory space, because max space for retained vars is less than non-retained.

If this isn't possible then,... I might have to merge these two structs into one which is wholly retained. Or are there any other workarounds? Can I have structs within structs? Or an array of structs?

unfortunately, you can't have a struct in a struct.... nor an array of structs 😒