USP-070-B10 login and password by-pass?

Hello I have a tool using a Unitronic's USP-070-B10 that someone has set a username and password on. The employee that set the username and password is no longer around and we need to by-pass it to upgrade the software on the tool.

The tool's vendor contacted Unitronics for by-pass software and I've followed the instructions (unzip the zipped file into a root directory of a USB drive, insert the USB drive, power the tool on) but the by-pass does not seem to engage before the username and login prompt starts. Does anyone have any experience or insight into how to by-pass the username and password?

Here are the USP-070-B10's specs:

PANEL:

Bin_Files: 1.23.8

File_System: 2.0.21

Kernel: 17.22.25

Uboot:11,Nov-20

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to update some UniApps software on a tool, I do not think I need to update the PLC OS.

There is a UniApps username and password on the tool unfortunately preventing me from doing any kind of software configuration, or software update to the tool.

The username and password was not set by the vendor and they have been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue, but they do not think they will be able to by-pass it.

• MVP 2023

I don't think it will help because I don't know what level of OS the passwords are stored on Unistream gear,  but wondering if pulling the battery might resolve this? 

You will likely lose machine custom settings, though, via a battery out. 

A careful look at the program might give some pointers as to whether it's worth trying.

I'd also think of doing a system wide search using wildcards on any related puters for anything Unilogic related, in case the "protected" project is sitting in a squirreled away folder somewhere related to the tool/project copies.  If the password was changed at the project level, then a copy must exist somewhere.  It might have left with the employee, but perhaps not.  

Also check the SD if it has one.  Might be on there if you're lucky!

Would pulling the battery delete all of the UniApps software installed?

The USP is running software version: OS 1.23.7.

I'll locate a SDmicro to USB adapter and see if I can view the contents on the SD card tonight, thanks for the suggestion

I followed the instructions to make a factory reset SD card but the tool's standard software still launches.

It does read that there is an SD card inserted with the software though.

Not sure if there is a jumper or some other reset function I'm supposed to engage first.

I did some more digging and it looks like there is an issue with the unitronics recovery .img file.

I've tried to write the SD card on several PCs at this point and the win32diskimagger will just crash once I click Write.

Also the few times it successfully wrote the image to the SD card it displayed no data on the thumb drive.

Does anyone know if there's a mirror for the factory reset links?

Thanks,

I did use the software recommended to format the SD card. When I try to view the .img file even in windows it says file appears to be corrupt. I've re-downloaded it several times and on different pcs with the same results.

Does anyone know if there's an alternative version of the factory reset image online?

• 2 weeks later...

Before copying files to USB drive, make sure the drive is formatted to FAT32. Newer partition styles like ExFat or NTFS are not readable by UniStream.

Windows Formatter doesn't have FAT32 option by default.

I've used Rufus tool in the past, and it allows me to format a drive using FAT32.

image.png.d9a59fbdbcb39db468e08853e25080f3.png

• MVP 2023

I use Rufus occasionally, but on my W10 system Fat32 is available for formatting, it just has to be chosen in File System.  The thing that controls whether it comes up or not is device capacity.  It is worth having a goggles of both Fat32 & Large Fat32, to understand the "differences" and the implications of 32Gb.

And an FYI.   I sometimes needed to use partitioning to make a drive a suitable "size" for particular control systems that only like smaller capacities.  This problem arose because of drives ever increasing in size over recent years, with smaller sizes being very hard to come by.  I will counter this though, by saying I've recently found a remergence of smaller capacity drives, so perhaps manufacturers have listened to consumer demands......I recently purchased a test of 512mb and progressively upwards via ebay and all are ok.

cheers, Aus

On 5/4/2024 at 9:33 AM, kvlada said:

Before copying files to USB drive, make sure the drive is formatted to FAT32. Newer partition styles like ExFat or NTFS are not readable by UniStream.

Windows Formatter doesn't have FAT32 option by default.

I've used Rufus tool in the past, and it allows me to format a drive using FAT32.

image.png.d9a59fbdbcb39db468e08853e25080f3.png

Thanks for sharing this. I was able to repair the corrupted image file and re-image the SD Card using Rufus and it worked.