Hello

My latest roadblock on this code set:  

as I'm implementing a data table I'm needing to store values; and as a result I'm using up many more MI's than previously to have placeholders.  

( Maybe there's a more efficent way to do this but I havent figured it out yet. )

Anyway - as I'm needing to create another Vector to bring in another set of status values into my data table, the next 10 MI vector was going to be MI-250 to MI-259. 

Visilogic seems to stop at MI-255.    The Help menu lists the Memory Integer limit at 4095 for Enhanced Controllers. 

image.png.fef1a4bef23612a2d217252bffee9618.png

MI-255 seems to be end of the road.  

image.png.fca002298e2e11390394e09b2aba7960.png

Currently working with a Samba 70,  SM70-J-RA22  (although ultimatly I'll be dumping this into a Vision 1210).   

For now I just need to get this data table working so I understand how to do it.  

thanks 

Jeff

• MVP 2023

That is a limitation of the Samba series - they have their memory seriously reduced.

If the data doesn't need to be retained you have 32 XI registers you could use.

If you could get your hands on any of the non-Samba PLCs you won't have this problem.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

To add to Joe's comment, which includes the little acknowledged XBs, XIs & XDWs, perhaps have a look at a great post he did, explaining repeated use of operands in one scan.

Look at # 12 in this topic:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/6229-ongoing-25-topics-almost-worth-pinning/

Sometimes some operations seem to "go against the general rules".... 🙂    I'm not saying that this idea will definitely help you, but it is well worth knowing about.

cheers, Aus

Thanks much.   Makes sense.  Perhaps if there is someone from Uni that is monitoring these threads they might want to ammend the help file to include a note for the Visilogic MI details that Memory LImits for the Samba PLC's are differetn thatn Vision sereis.    I know from past experience that there is a limit on timers but was not aware of the MI limit. 

I do use Vision 700 and a couple of 1210.  Most of my work recently has been in Unilogic. 

But if it werent' for the bargain price of the Samba I would never have started using Unitronics product. 

thanks again to both. 

Jeff

• MVP 2023
11 hours ago, Jeff164 said:

ammend the help file to include a note for the Visilogic MI details that Memory LImits for the Samba PLC's are differetn thatn Vision sereis

Yes, it's in the Samba install pdf but not in the Visilogic Help file.  It will be brought to the help writer's attention.