Project Download & Timers

Is there anyway a third option can be added to the "Contradicting Timers" screen when downloading a project? I would like the option to "Do Nothing", leaving both the timers in the PLC as they are set and leave the timers in the program as they are, even if they are different. We do some OEM Equipment and give the end user the option to change some values like Timers so I dont want to force new times into the system.

• External Moderators

Unfortunately a "Do Nothing" Idea won't really work.

When a PLC Program is downloaded, the Timers in the PLC "MUST" be overwritten by the Timers in the VisiLogic Project. It has to do with where the Timers themselves are stored within the PLC after Downloading.

I think if anything, a really nice feature to ask for would be the ability to select which values are used for which timers.

For each Timer that needs updating, we could select "Update Project" or "Update PLC".

Currently EVERY Timer that needs updating must "Update the Project" or "Update the PLC", we have no control over which Timer Value goes where.

• External Moderators

Yes you could possibly have that option - however, what happens to any timers you have just added to the project?

On downloading a Project with some new Timers, the PC might have a value of say 2 seconds ("00:00:02.00") and the PLC would usually have a value of 0 seconds ("00:00:00.00").

If you used the "Do Nothing Option", you would then need to manually set the Timer Values in the PLC. This could be annoying if you added 20 new timers ;)

Another issue - Every time you go do download an Update of your Program, the Timers will still the incorrect compared to the Project. What if you updated a bunch of timers with new values?

I still think the best option yet would be the option to select for each timer "Upload to PC" or "Overwrite in PLC" :)

Hopefully Emil, Ofir or Cara could help confirm what I have posted.

An option is simply that, an option. If you have added addition timers you could just not select the "Do Nothing " option and select "Download". I understand in your operation this may not make sense but in my situation it would be VERY useful. If its not possible or not seen as value added I would understand if it wasnt added but to simply dismiss the option because you dont see the value seems kind of crazy. My company buys around 100 Unitronics PLCs a year so I use the software quite a bit and I like knowing that my suggestions are being heard and considered, even if they dont come to fruition.

• External Moderators

I think you can choose "Update Project" and don't save the application in the PLC. It's hard because you have to open the application again and again in every download but it's a solution.

The idea of "do nothing" is the right way.