Hiya,

So I have a movie that runs every time I start my PLC's, and it looks good as is, but I would like to make it run smoother. I'm currently using SB7 to animate the movie, but it's not fast enough. Should I create more images to put insert into the variable or is there a way to make my animation faster?

Hello,

The Unitronics screen savers and animation projects were all created using the positive transition of SB7 (100ms pulse) linked to in incrementer for a image by pointer variable. The 100ms pulse is on for 50ms and off for 50ms and it would be possible to utilize both a positive and negative transition for SB7 linked to an incrementer for the image pointer. This would allow for 20 images per second instead of only 10 using just a positive transition if this would work for your project.

Also, many of the Unitronics displays use 50+ images to create a smooth transition from image to image. The more images are created and the less they change between images will result in a smoother transition.

• MVP 2023

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to get the same kind of smooth animation on a V1210 as on a V570? I recognize there are many more pixels on a V1210, but surely Unitronics is using a processor that is designed to handle the extra pixels.

The V570 uses a 320x240 pixel display while the V1210 uses a much larger 800x600 pixel display. Both the V570 and the V1210 share the same CPU which puts additional strain on the V1210 when trying to process much larger images. Unfortunately the V1210 can result in a slower animation since the CPU is not strong enough for quick full screen image animation. If the image being animated is small it should have no issues displaying smoothly, especially if the same size animation can be utilized on a V570.

• MVP 2023

Thanks, Alexander. I had no idea that the V1210 utilized the same processor as the V570. The V570 barely has the horsepower to handle its 76,800 pixels. That processor in the V1210 simply cannot handle 480,000 pixels. A full screen change can take nearly a full second. One frame per second is not reasonable for any kind of animation.