I have run into an issue on a V1040 project, where screen objects are not hiding correctly. I have confirmed that the "hide" bit is set. Binary image objects do hide, but they are leaving a visible box even though they are set to transparent background. Text objects, more than one, are simply not hiding at all. I just updated the unit to the latest operating system (3.7.00) with no effect. I do this a lot on the V570 with no problem at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Here is a further detail. This screen uses a custom background graphic, so the background color is normally not visible. The binary image object is set to transparent, and not displaying on background color. It displays properly when visible. However, when it is hidden, a box is visible displaying the screen background color. It is as if the object had "burned a hole" through the background graphic.

I have the same issue and as far as I know it is the expected behaviour.  The same thing happens when you hide an object on top of a frame, you see the background color, not the frame.  To work around this issue I use a piece of the background image for a binary image or list by pointer.  This is a pain though because you often have to change the piece of background image if you move the object.  If your background image has a background colour of its own, make sure this is the same colour as the HMI background.

xq0.png

Thanks for that info. I also discovered why the text won't hide. You can't hide text with a transparent background! Unfortunately, my client provided the background graphic and it has color variations and a white "swirl" running through it. So my choices are solid colored boxes behind the objects, client changes the graphic, or your suggestion regarding a list by pointer and try to grab the correct background area. This is not going to be fun.

While I understand exactly what you meant by "expected behavior" (by design of the software & operating system), that really depends on your viewpoint. My client expects that those objects will have transparent backgrounds and will disappear, leaving their graphic visible, and without clunky solid boxes. My expectation as a programmer is that if I make something "hidden", I see the next layer under it. Not a hole showing two layers down! And why can't I hide text with a transparent background?

As a note to Unitronics, competitive HMI's do not have these restrictions, as well as some others such as the ability to stack multiple dynamic objects on top of each other, a wider variety of color options for 3-D buttons, etc. Hopefully you will consider these things in future upgrades! 

I have the same issue and as far as I know it is the expected behaviour.  The same thing happens when you hide an object on top of a frame, you see the background color, not the frame.  To work around this issue I use a piece of the background image for a binary image or list by pointer.  This is a pain though because you often have to change the piece of background image if you move the object.  If your background image has a background colour of its own, make sure this is the same colour as the HMI background.

I found a work-around for images based on your idea, with one modification. Use a binary image switch, based on the "hide" signal. Put the visible image in one of the conditions, and put an .emf image of a solid color in the other. I found that it doesn't even matter what color it is, as long as it is solid! Check the transparent background box. Voila. The solid color is apparently seen as the "background" and made transparent so it becomes the "hidden" condition. The screen background graphic is displaying as it should underneath it. Seems to be working great so far.

Not so lucky with text. Still playing with that.