Looking for a substitute for a Mitsubishi Alpha 24

Hi a Newbie here looking for information.

At present we use a Mitsubishi Alpha 24 brick.

This unit has 15 Inputs and 9 Outputs and we we currently use 13 Inputs and 8 Outputs, we have no plans to exceed these I/O's (at present).

Can anyone advise about a suitable Unitronics PLC/HMI that we could use as a substitute ?

I hope to contact a U.K. supplier in the morning and ask the same question, but as I will also need the appropriate Programming Software etc. I thought I would join the forum here and start asking my stupid questions.

Thanks for listening.

take care

Don W

Thanks Joe,

I have been in contact with a UK distributor and he has recommended :-

JZ10-11-R31

V130-33-R34

V350-35-R34

I have downloaded the catalogue and will have a browse but I think his recommendations should fit the bill o.k.

When we use the Mitsubishi we need the GT Screen Designer to produce the screen graphics and download to the GOT 1000 and we need the Alpha 24 Programmer to produce and download the program to the PLC.

At the moment we only use the FBD process on the programmer but I suspect we will need to produce ladder diagrams when using the Jazz ?

Thanks again

take care

Don W

• MVP 2014

All the Unitronics units are programmed in Ladder.  However the Vision family has several function blocks as well, that are inserted as ladder elements.

Since you are using a HMI panel, then possibly the V130 or V350 are a better fit than the Jazz.

With either the Jazz or V130/V350 the one software package is used to program both the ladder and HMI screens, which should give you a saving in time and complexity.

Software is free to download:

U90 Ladder for the Jazz

Visilogic for the V130/V350

Programming cable is as follows:

JZ10-11-R31 - purchase JZ-PRG

(Or JZ20-R31 has a USB programming port, the JZ-PRG not required)

V130/V350 includes serial programming cable, you need a physical RS232 serial port or USB to RS232 adaptor.