Connection EX-RC1 - more than 16MI

HVG01

Hello,

I currenlty busy with a project Unistream 7" + 2x 8DI/DO and a EX-RC1 + 3xPT4x, 2x4AI2AO + 2xAO6. Followed the instruction on the webinar.

What took me some time was that you have to upload a ladder programm with Visilogic to the EX-RC1. They don't show it in the webinar - because standard the EX-RC1 is pre loaded with a program - which has an auto configuration for digital inut and output. But when you want to use it for analogue input/output you should change it - by uploading the program in Visilogic withe the serial (9 pins) cable and RJ11 connector.

When you follow the webinar - the example is shown for maximum of 16MI. In my case it exceeds 16MI - so I had to change the program. After a lot of 'trial and error' I came to a simple sollution by stripping most of rungs out - and only used the minimum of code. To get the second set of 16MI - you have to change the start adresse by adding 16 (so 1016=start adres first vector, 1032=start adres second vector), and bassicly follow the instruction in the webinar.

When the first vector is sent/receive through the canbus MB0 and MB1 blocks the sent/receive off the second vector.

I attached the visilogic file - feel free to use it - or comment on it - I'm not an experienced programmer so constructive criticism is welcome.

EX-RC1 - example more than 16MI.vlp

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

Hi HVG01

If possible , help me with this topic, I am try to connect a v1210 with many others modules EX-RC1 distribuited in network. how to do this step by step?

Asap,

regards,

First off, you'll need to set the module ID for each EX-RC1 module, this is done with a DIP switch on the module.  The switch settings for the module are in the downloadable documentation.

You'll have to configure each ladder based on the attached modules and setup your network settings that way.

I/O IDs are (module number)*16+ I/O number you want, with Module number starting at 0.

For example, input 7 on module 4,   4*16+7 = I/O 71 on that group of I/O. 

I believe that even if it's an 8 point I/O you still use the 16, as that is how it's used on the local expansion EX-A2X.

Hello,

I currenlty busy with a project Unistream 7" + 2x 8DI/DO and a EX-RC1 + 3xPT4x, 2x4AI2AO + 2xAO6. Followed the instruction on the webinar.

What took me some time was that you have to upload a ladder programm with Visilogic to the EX-RC1. They don't show it in the webinar - because standard the EX-RC1 is pre loaded with a program - which has an auto configuration for digital inut and output. But when you want to use it for analogue input/output you should change it - by uploading the program in Visilogic withe the serial (9 pins) cable and RJ11 connector.

When you follow the webinar - the example is shown for maximum of 16MI. In my case it exceeds 16MI - so I had to change the program. After a lot of 'trial and error' I came to a simple sollution by stripping most of rungs out - and only used the minimum of code. To get the second set of 16MI - you have to change the start adresse by adding 16 (so 1016=start adres first vector, 1032=start adres second vector), and bassicly follow the instruction in the webinar.

When the first vector is sent/receive through the canbus MB0 and MB1 blocks the sent/receive off the second vector.

I attached the visilogic file - feel free to use it - or comment on it - I'm not an experienced programmer so constructive criticism is welcome.

Hi HVG01,

In the EX-RC1 webinar there is a comment regarding applications with more than 16MI's for I/O status. However, indeed there is no good practice of how to implement this in the EX-RC1.

In the attached zipped folder you will find a sample Unistream project, EX-RC1 application and hardware configuration files.

This example will be added to the standard Unilogic examples library.

Unistream_EX_RC1_more than 16MI.zip