detecting actual and previous screen

stream

hi,

I would like to detect ( in the ladder)  which screen is on at the moment and which screen launched it. I have build rungs for each screen but with many screens is is tedius.

In help I cannot find anything and I can't find a system tag on it. In other companies hmi I used to find system tags keping track of it. To me It can be very helpful knowing where the

"operator" is in deciding the flow through the program (ladder).

There isn't a direct tag that indicates which screen was selected previously, but you could also implement logic that each time a screen jump is performed a bit tag is set indicating which screen was just implemented.

For example:

On Display 1, I press a button that performs 2 actions. The first action is to jump to screen 2, the second action is to set a bit tag with the description "Screen Jump from Display 1 Performed". This bit tag can then be used as necessary to indicate that a jump was performed from display 1. It can then be reset as necessary within the logic.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...