Is there a way to read all of a certain type of input, i.e. digital or analog, and directly store into MB or MI locations without having to provide a ladder for each item being read?  For example, the V350-35-TR6 has digital inputs I0-I7.  These need to be placed into MB0-MB7 for internal processing.  I would like not to use 7 ladders to do this if it is possible.  If it isn't, oh well.  My application will have remote I/O of a variable quantity for each project and I would like to not have to modify the software each and every time, especially since the input quantities could get upwards of 100 or more..  Thanks.

Hi Paul,

Please note that you can use input directly in the ladder. 

But if you do require these registers to be moved, you can accomplish this using a vector copy tool (located in the vector dropdown menu). in your example, copy I0 to MB0 with a length of 8.

Thanks,

Dan

I use a based template for most projects that pre-maps all the discrete I/O for me in a subroutine.  I also standardize the order of the modules I put into the setup.

Programmatically, it's rather ugly, but it allows for quick re-mapping if an I/O point fails without having to wade through the logic of what I'm copying or moving.

Both ways work great, just a matter of what you expect to happen down the road.

For analog I/O there should be an option under hardware configuration that allows you to specify the MI or ML you want to store the analog I/O into.  I know this works for the IO-AI8 expansion module.