Ethernet and the V570

Hi

I've have completed an aplication using a V570 controller. I am planning on using a 2nd V570 as a remote panel. I have installed ethernet cards in both of the V570's and planned to interconnect using the ethernet cards through a simple 5 port wired switch.(I have very little experince with comms of this nature) Which I had thought would also allow me to conncect my PC also and connect to both panels.

I was working on just trying establish comms with the primary V570 and could not even get it to ping. Would I be better off using a router instead?

I watched all of the ethernet webinar videos and think I'm setup correctly but am unable to ping.

I would apreciate any advice, help or hints anyone might have.

Thanks

Mrdegold

Joe

Thanks for your reply.

After your post and finding out that the switch wasn't the cause of my issue I dug into it again. What I found was that my computer's IP address was not correct. Once I change to a static IP address to the same scheme that I was using in the V570 I was able to ping the V570. After that it was just a matter of playing with some setting.

Thanks again for the help I appreciate it.

Michael

• MVP 2023

Hi

I've have completed an aplication using a V570 controller. I am planning on using a 2nd V570 as a remote panel. I have installed ethernet cards in both of the V570's and planned to interconnect using the ethernet cards through a simple 5 port wired switch.(I have very little experince with comms of this nature) Which I had thought would also allow me to conncect my PC also and connect to both panels.

I was working on just trying establish comms with the primary V570 and could not even get it to ping. Would I be better off using a router instead?

I watched all of the ethernet webinar videos and think I'm setup correctly but am unable to ping.

I would apreciate any advice, help or hints anyone might have.

Thanks

Mrdegold

I do this exact thing all the time and have no problems whatsoever using MODBUS IP over Ethernet and a digital switch.

Make sure your PC and the PLCs are all on the same subnet to minimize complications. PC firewalls can also be an issue, so I would start with IP addresses in the range of 192.168.1.xxx until everything is running smoothly, then change later if you need to.