Import Screen V350 to Samba

Hi Mike,

I would like to clarify the memory issue with SAMBA:

SAMBA doesn't have the same memory specification like V350/V570.

As you understand SAMBA is 1/10 memory capabilities compare to V350.

Samba is especially suited for small machine/process applications.

Like Jazz, Samba is designed to give an optimal price/performance for low-end PLC and even to Smart Relay customers. These are OEMs who make small machines that have low I/O requirements. Samba is a step up for them – allowing OEMs to offer a color touch screen instead of their current text display.

* Converting projects from V350/V570 to SAMBA may cause to incompatibilities between operands.

* Most of the memory is occupied by the HMI variables, HMI variables with more properties can take more memory.

If your V350 project is not so big and the operands address are not exceed the SAMBA's limit you can try to export the HMI and the Ladder from the V350 project and the import it to new project with SAMBA hardware.

Again, you may face incompatibilities so if you do, I'll recommend to write a fresh new project or… to save time, import your ladder and re-choose the operand addresses according to SAMBA's range.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!