Timers running fast..what is going on?

• MVP 2023

Hi all,

zip attached with little video in it of timer doing strange thing....it appears to be running twice as fast. (edit..vid removed for space) I have a few in the program doing the same thing....but not all.  Different types doing it.

Anyone got any ideas on what is going on here?  Took a while for me to figure out why something was happening earlier than expected!

Cheers,

Aus

Hi,

Check that you are using only one coil per timer in your applicaiton.(Ctrl +F)

Also check that the subroutine that includes the timer is being called only once in a scan. (you can right click on the subroutine and choose find)

• MVP 2023

Hi again Ofir,

Can't seem to find anything.  Attached a screen shot of the search results and the two nets involved.  I must have a call hidden away somewhere that I haven't found yet.

Looking....looking...looking!

cheers,

Aus

post-12856-0-02696800-1430129430_thumb.jpg

• MVP 2023

Hi Ofir,

eventually found it.  The sub was also being called via a Choose "While Displaying" Subroutine in a Link & Jump.  I had put it there initially and then changed my mind and used ladder work instead.  Forgot to delete it via right click.

I will keep in mind that such things cause timers to run this way. Haven't encountered it before, so learn something new every day.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Aus