I haven't been able to find a good answer to this in the documentation or through the forum search.

If I'm using an HMI screen to run a subroutine as 'While Display,' will the  '! Main Subroutine' still scan every cycle or does the 'While Display' take precedence and skip '! Main' at that point?

Much appreciated.

• MVP 2023

Great question - and the answer I expected. On that same subject, subroutines run in the order they are called in the Main Routine. Where does the "While Displayed" routine fall in that order - at the beginning of the Main Routine, the end, or somewhere in the middle?

Great question - and the answer I expected. On that same subject, subroutines run in the order they are called in the Main Routine. Where does the "While Displayed" routine fall in that order - at the beginning of the Main Routine, the end, or somewhere in the middle?

It was the answer I was hoping for, as I had already planned the logic around that but wanted to make sure before anything with live.

I'd love to see the answer to your question as it may lead some insight into some problems a  co-worker is having as well.

Hello,

The "While Displayed" subroutine will "run first", and then the Main routine will run.

In other words, the last statement seen before updating the HMI, comms, and outputs will be from the Main Routine.

Hope this helps.