M91 ending production?

Ausman

• MVP 2023

Hi all, and specifically the creators.

I need enlightenment on whether M91s will cease production in a few years.  I need to add to an install and am tossing up using another 2-T1 or going to something younger.  They work fine for the application.  But there is no point doing this if they won't be readily available in a few years.

I understand this might be a curly question to answer, but it would be nice to know directions things are going.

cheers,

Aus

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP 2014

I am not aware of any timeframe for the M91 ceasing production.  However I think it is fair to say the writing is on the wall, in that it is now the oldest family of Unitronics PLCs still being promoted.

For new applications I usually recommend either the Jazz or the V130.  If expansion is not needed, then the Jazz is fine.  Otherwise it's not a huge jump in price to go to the V130.  The Samba35 may also be an option.

I hope this helps from a strategy point of view, however I am also keen to hear of any definite timeframe.