Modbus timer R/W

Aurimas

Thanks for the reply.
Its a Modbus TCP IP communication between Unistream 10 and V700. V700 has a timer to control the water heater not to work forewer but to stop after some time. With Unistream I am doing building management system where I have separate slaves such as air control units and 3 v700. Where to find the timer in Unistream Modbus section, I see only coils and registers, do the timers start at certain registers?

• MVP 2023

In the V700, use the Function "Load Timer/Counter Preset" or "Load Timer/Counter Current", found under the "Store" drop-down menu, to place the Preset or Current value of the Timer into an MI or ML to be read by the UniStream.

The value will be in 10ms increments (e.g. 5 sec will be stored as 500). Remember that you might overflow an MI if the timer is longer than a little over 5 min or so.

• MVP 2023

"Load Timer/Counter Preset" is for copying the value of a Timer preset into an MI or ML. "Store Timer/Counter Preset" is for copying the value of an MI or ML into the Timer Preset. This is for Vision.

For the UniStream it's more direct. You can use the Timer Preset or Current in operations as you would any other UINT32 operand, including MODBUS address assignments.