Hi everyone

it is the first time that I work with Unitronics, I am trying to finish a project that someone else started, this person left installed and configured the project even 3 motors already work, the problem is that there are 3 more missing, but I do not have the PLC project, I need to configure and program this from the beginning, that is why I am writing to you.

The hardware is the next.

V350-J-TRA22

EX-A2X   Expansion adapter

IO-R016

EXF-RC15 High speed i/o

When I tryed configured the project and i started with V350-J-TRA22, later module IO-R016 later EXF-RC15 it showed me the next message

"There is no battery backup for the operands when the EXF-RC15 is selected on the HW."

I have added 4 images, configuration 1 and configuration 2, is the way I have tried to create my project, the other projects1 and project1b is how they are physically connected

Thanks in advace

Configuration1.png

Configuration2.png

Project1.png

Project1b.png

• MVP 2023

I'm assuming that you have tried to do Connection/Upload?   "Upload" in Unitronics terms is receive the file from the PLC. 

If the PLC's file has been programmed into the PLC in certain ways you can retrieve it.  It depends on the initial method of writing the file into the PLC...which Unitronics call Download.

I suggest you try an upload as it could help you along your desired path if you can get the current program and parameters out of the plc.  It will be a good starting point for further discussion on the forum.

cheers,

Aus

• MVP 2023

OK.  Just in case, if the 350 has an SD inserted, check that a program copy isn't on the card.

Looking at your photos, the connecting cable going into the EX-A2X from the plc is not the correct type.  It appears to be a normal CAT 5 network cable.  The use of this incorrect cable could possibly be the source of your expansion error. The adaptor normally comes with the correct cable, which is EXL-CAB100.  The cable must be installed with correct orientation, with the earth lead at the plc end.  Fit the correct cable, and reset the error using information mode or power cycle with a 5 second wait.  If the correct cable has not been used due to the expansion being further from the plc than the cable allows, there are different cable lengths available, but only up to a certain distance.  Longer runs need the use of an EX-RC1 which is a totally different way of doing things.

There is also no earth connected to the A2X, (empty terminal next to the power inputs) which may be further compounding the problem created by not using the correct cable.  It also looks like the RC15 earth is actually connected to shield wires from somewhere.  You need to go through the earths carefully and set them up properly.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you go here :  https://unitronicsplc.com/support-technical-library/ 

and get the installation and specification sheets for your various bits of hardware.  It is critical that you understand how all your components work together, in particular the fact that the EXF-RC15 is essentially a standalone plc. 

I would have a look at this topic, ably answered by Joe T. :

cheers,

Aus

20 hours ago, Ausman said:

I'm assuming that you have tried to do Connection/Upload?   "Upload" in Unitronics terms is receive the file from the PLC. 

If the PLC's file has been programmed into the PLC in certain ways you can retrieve it.  It depends on the initial method of writing the file into the PLC...which Unitronics call Download.

I suggest you try an upload as it could help you along your desired path if you can get the current program and parameters out of the plc.  It will be a good starting point for further discussion on the forum.

cheers,

Aus

I can not get the backup, this option was not enabled when it was downloaded.

My main question is: it is possible that in a single project there are all the components mentioned above, I am confused because the module EXF-RC15 works as PLC or it is only a remote I/O module, I need to take the first step to configure the project, to be able to see the remote inputs and manipulate outputs.

Thanks Ausman

6 minutes ago, Ausman said:

It looks like we have had a time overlap during me writing my last response, which probably answers your question above.

cheers,  Aus 

Yes it was like this, You help me with some doubts and I appreciate the suggestions regarding cable and connections, but I am at a stage before,  the error I have is when I try to replicate the project, starting from the beginning, I try to create the project and configure the order that they are physically connected and I get the error that I already mentioned. 

Thanks Aus

• MVP 2023

The battery advice is just that...advice.  You are essentially starting a totally different project with the RC15...all it does is communicate it's results to the plc.....ie you can't add the RC15 into a project that already has a plc. You really need to look at all the material I suggested above and this will guide you.  Please do this and then work on starting your programs.

cheers,

Aus

12 minutes ago, Ausman said:

The battery advice is just that...advice.  You are essentially starting a totally different project with the RC15...all it does is communicate it's results to the plc.....ie you can't add the RC15 into a project that already has a plc. You really need to look at all the material I suggested above and this will guide you.  Please do this and then work on starting your programs. 

cheers,

Aus

Very kind thank you I will be doing.