Data Table and Table Selection

DENSOHUD

This is my first unitronics program. I want to control 6 motors to multiple sets of pre-set data (probably 50 data sets). My idea is to have all pre-set data stored in the Data Table Recipe. Once a data set is selected then got assigned to Data tables to execute the program.

I am struggling with the data set selecting GUI. I don't know how to create either a list box or what which can display all data set saved in the Data Table Recipe. 

Any suggestion or example I can look into. Appreciated. 

Hi DENSOHUD,

if I well understood what you need and you are talking about a GUI made in the HMI of the unistream PLC...one of the project example is referred at the alarms management, not by the builtin alarm management but at store and read alarms from a DTI; I think that this is pretty way to do what you need.

My suggestion would be a Data Table Index to store you data.

Then use a combo Box  and give each "index" a title 0-50. (or however many you need)

Use the selected index # in a "read row from DTI"  and use the index # as the row number (parameter B).

I would use the "tag selected" bit in the combo Box configuration to pass power to the "read row from DTI" then  add the reset to the end.

You can always add a data table to the HMI to view the raw data. 

If your program gets more sophisticated and you need to do some automatic table searching you can use the other DTI  functions like "Find DTI Column Value" to get the row index #

On 4/10/2019 at 7:16 AM, ORSO2001 said:

Hi DENSOHUD,

if I well understood what you need and you are talking about a GUI made in the HMI of the unistream PLC...one of the project example is referred at the alarms management, not by the builtin alarm management but at store and read alarms from a DTI; I think that this is pretty way to do what you need.

Hello ORSO2001, Thank you. That is a very good example. I have been referring to this.  

On 4/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, Swervomotor said:

My suggestion would be a Data Table Index to store you data.

Then use a combo Box  and give each "index" a title 0-50. (or however many you need)

Use the selected index # in a "read row from DTI"  and use the index # as the row number (parameter B).

I would use the "tag selectedbit in the combo Box configuration to pass power to the "read row from DTI" then  add the reset to the end.

You can always add a data table to the HMI to view the raw data. 

If your program gets more sophisticated and you need to do some automatic table searching you can use the other DTI  functions like "Find DTI Column Value" to get the row index #

Hello Swervomotor, Thank you very much. I was to use the text box and the Tag Link to link the data. But this Combo Box seems to fit better for the array.