OMRON NJ101-9000 <> Unistream EIP

micapp

I am trying to connect a US5-B10-B1 to an Omron NJ101-9000 with Ethernet IP. The US5 is adapter with structs for O2T and T2O. I have tested it between two UNistream PLC's and it works perfect. Today the customer came to test it on an Omron and nothing communicates. The Omron is set as scanner. He claims that they have had trouble earlier with this setup and must use Vendor Specific Objects to communicate. I monitor the connection bit on my adapter, but nothing happens. Tips? Must an EDS-file be used on Omron?

My testfile is enclosed

Test_EthernetIP (1).ulpr

You need to get the specifics from Omron for the EIP parameters...no easy task. I had the same problem trying to connect to an Omron NX-EIC202...took weeks to get the info from Omron.

Omron will supply an EDS file, but depending on the Unilogic version, you may not be able to use it(I think the latest version enables the use of EDS files). The details can be found in the text of the EDS file, but it is not immediately apparent.