V350 modbus RTU 485 Communication problem.

Hi All,

I'm using V350 and trying to pull data from power meter through modbus 485.

But I face the problem that cannot receive any data from power meter. I believe that the communication is failed.

I'm not sure about the modbus configuration block setting for COM port 1,2 and 3.  I confused my usb is which COM? my Modbus RTU is which COM, I also added 1 TCP ENTHERNET card. which means I have 3 ports. I don't know how to do the setting for it. 

Beside, I also don't know what is my plc network id. how to set it? 

My power meter address is 3

boud rate is 9600 

Even, stop bit 1.

I'm success to pull data from power meter using modscan.

Can someone explained to me?

Zoo.vlp

• MVP 2023

Now in standard configuration you have only ONE com port1.

This can be  used for USB connection (Visilogic) or for Modbus connection via RS485.  Simultanosly use for Visilogic connection and modbus is not possible for ONE port!

Now after Ethernet card installation you can connect to Visilogic  via Ethernet.

Correct IP and PLC name must be entered to Visilogic Communication & OS settings.

Then you can use PLC Port 1 for Modbus. Please note - RS485 must be set by jamper inside PLC. Correct wire A and B must be connected to RS485 port.

Only after correct hardware setup you can check Modbus status via Visilogic Ethernet connection.

P.S.  Best solution - use Unitronics UMI VFD with integrated Modbus support in Visilogic.

ALL in ONE software VFD automatic SETUP - only correct RS485 hardware settings needed.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kratmel said:

Now in standard configuration you have only ONE com port1.

This can be  used for USB connection (Visilogic) or for Modbus connection via RS485.  Simultanosly use for Visilogic connection and modbus is not possible for ONE port!

Now after Ethernet card installation you can connect to Visilogic  via Ethernet.

Correct IP and PLC name must be entered to Visilogic Communication & OS settings.

Then you can use PLC Port 1 for Modbus. Please note - RS485 must be set by jamper inside PLC. Correct wire A and B must be connected to RS485 port.

Only after correct hardware setup you can check Modbus status via Visilogic Ethernet connection.

P.S.  Best solution - use Unitronics UMI VFD with integrated Modbus support in Visilogic.

ALL in ONE software VFD automatic SETUP - only correct RS485 hardware settings needed.  

It's work! I'm using COM port1 to communicate with RS485 and use IP to communicate with PLC. 

Thank you so much..