Run-time Error '5'; Invalid procedure call or argument

I have this problem with certain displays. I am running the program administratively.

I will only get this error if I put the system on a display that calls from the string library. If I rebuild this display so that I am not using the string library, the issue goes away.  It only happens on displays that have a reference to the library. It is a very simple display with a text box and 2 buttons. 

Is this a bug? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

I don't think it's going to help, but I have had W10 lose some variations of fonts for no reason at all, other than what seems to be a Micro$oft whim.  Perhaps you don't actually have all correct details needed.  Check that you do indeed have everything related to all Arial variations on your system.  If doing the following shows you do, then perhaps uninstall, reboot and reinstall everything Arial.

Reg key to check.   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

As well, directly compare this to the fonts shown in Fonts under Personalisation.   (Or Run/control/fonts   if you hate the W10 "settings" system!)

cheers, Aus